Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In one piece even!

First off, we made it. Yes, Tim drove there.... quit your giggling! I drove home and we made it there fine too :)

Our meeting was good. Our social worker, Mary Beth is a very easy to talk to person, she is also going through the adoption process at the same time (just domestic). She asked general family dynamic questions and about your personality, ect. I think mine went so much longer because I eventually had to break out a flow chart to explain my family!

We then had a trans racial/trans culteral class in the evening. It was a good class, opened our eye's to some of the things we might be dealing with in the future. We also met two other couples who are adopting from Russia. They both stated they just finished there 2nd meeting with Mary Beth too, I then started asking if they had there psyco. eval., passports, and educational stuff done......... (deer in the headlights)...... I guess I am just a little more OCD about the whole thing. It seems we are a little ahead of schedule. I am sure that somewhere along the lines a goof up will make up for all our hard work...but for now we are doing good.

We are scheduled to get the medical evals done for all of us and are waiting for conformation of our next meeting. We will try to keep everyone posted.

A BIG Thank you to our Friends who got stuck with a reference letter, we know they are sometimes difficult and time consuming.... so thank you for your efforts.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment