Friday, May 21, 2010

so much to little time

Well, I figured we would travel in June, I was hoping any way. I got my wish, we are leaving June 4th. two weeks!
They originally wanted us to leave on May 31st, but we have finger printing for immigration on June 2nd and can't really afford to miss that. Besides I have no idea how I am going to get everything done in two week, I certainly wouldn't have in just over 1 week.

We are very excited and very busy...well, I am, Tim's just busy complaining about all the stuff to be done. He is dreading the plain ride so he has been a little pissy. He will get over it I am sure.

We sent in our Visa paperwork today, had to do the 3 day turn around service because of the short time frame (no big deal right, what's an extra $240)! I just hope I got the darn paperwork right, I must have been on the phone with them like 20 times yesterday.

Just to make things fun, Alla is out of the office today and Monday and the e-mail address to the Russian office (who I am supposed to be in contact with) won't go through our e-mail!

We have to pick flights but we do not have an itinerary yet....and they don't get any cheaper.

Enough complaining though. I got to print out pictures to put in two little photo albums for Landen. It was a little overwhelming because I put names on the photos (like Holly, Lieut, Holstein, etc.) When it came time to label photos of Tim and I.....I have to admit I was a little taken aback. For the first time I had to put down Mom and Dad! I know....Right!

Holly helped me pick out a couple more toys and I think we are all set there. It's just figuring out how to get it all packed in as few suitcases as possible!

Well time to get back to work..... I will keep everyone updated on any changes!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

now were talking

We got the medical info on Sergei today and we were told that at this time he is the only boy under 4 years old in good health available in the Tyumen region. So, we will come home with just one Son, but I am beginning to think that is a great thing. am going to have to get used to that!

The medical paperwork is very professional and complete. There are alot of big words but nothing that throws up any hugh red flags. We have decided that we will have a medical doctor look at the paperwork but because there are no guarantees in life we are taking a leap of faith and we are going to take the trip to Tyumen based on what we have. We want to make our decision based on our findings as well as what the doctors say, not just the paperwork.

Major highlights are :
He is able to crawl and can stand/walk with help. He baby talks and can use syllables. He is sociable and motivated with both adults and children.
He is stated as being capricious :) Which defined means-determined by chance or impulse or whim! Oh and he is what your saying is he is a 16 month old boy? :)

Anyway, we will find out soon about the who, what, when, where, and how of travel....I will keep everyone posted.

Monday, May 17, 2010

maybe...just maybe....

So...I have spent the last two days up to my elbows in dirt and landscaping blocks because Tim is "nesting". He hates it when I say that but it's true. Because as if I didn't have enough going right now, the other day he decides after living in this house for almost 7 years...we need to landscape the lawn! God bless him, it did need to be done, and he says that I wanted something to keep me busy...but man, that's hard work!

In his defense, it looks great and he put in more work than I did!

We got an e-mail from Alla today saying that the Russia DOE (Dept. of Education-they deal with the adoptions and orphanages in the country) has the letter with the medical info we have been waiting for and it is on the desk of the "head honcho" awaiting his signature so that it can be released to us.

I asked Alla if it was just the info for Sergei or if they had found another boy....she said she did not know the content of the letter. So we should be getting the info soon. What's soon?...I have no idea, but after a week with no news...this was nice to hear.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers....I will never be able to say THANK YOU enough.

:) Thanks Holly for dealing with my insane crabbiness with a lot of love and a great sense of humor!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

waiting on updates

Note: Just in case anyone wanted to know, I posted a little clock on the blog that tells you what time it is in Tyumen, Russia.
This is where we will be traveling and where Sergei is now.

We are almost through our supporting documents (for now) and are waiting to hear from Russia. Alla says that our paperwork is there and has been translated. We are waiting to hear about adopting a second child from this region, she says this can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days....

If there is not another boy under the age of 4 in good health available, I am assuming they will just send the requested info on Sergei back to us so we can make our decision on him.

I am hoping to know what the heck is going on by the end of this week.

Alla told me to get a couple of small photo albums and some toys together, so she must think we are going to travel soon.
I got Sergei his first stuffed puppy today, seems silly but it made me smile!

Anyway, hope to have more info soon, as always THANK YOU!

Sunday, May 2, 2010


Tim keeps telling me to slow down and relax....I keep telling him that he either needs to get on this train or get run over by it!

It has been a crazy, emotional, great week. I went to visit Alla on Thursday and drop off our letter of request for more information on Sergei. We had a great talk, she was assured that unless there was any major red flag on Sergei's medical info...we want him! She is great and the talk was very honest, but still helped calm some of my fears.

So now we have to wait to get the info we requested back, this may take up to two weeks, but we are hoping for that to go quick. We sent a request in at the end of our letter asking if this region has a boy under 4 years old also, to please consider sending that along with Sergei's info. as we had originally wanted two boys. This was Tim's idea. I am a little unsure of that route now, to be honest, but he wanted to ask. More than likely we will not get an additional boy because if they would have had another boy at the time of the referral for Sergei, they would have sent it then. Alla said it wasn't going to mess anything up, so it is best to ask.

So when we find anything out, we will let everyone know.

Just an additional note...The City of Wyoming's Public Safety millage vote startes in 48 hours.... please keep us all in your prayers!