Tuesday, April 6, 2010

rainy days

So............ you think you've got it all done...right?
Well, You never really do I guess......

I had to spend most of my day today trying to get 2 (yes, just 2)apostilled marriage certificates from the state of Florida. You have to have them apostilled in the state in which they were applied for.

The web site(with phone #)....not too hard to find.

The person I talked to the first call....nice but talked way too fast concidering she was giving me all the info over the phone and I had to try to write it all down.

The second call..... just as nice and I found out that I was in need of ordering two new certificates and having the apostilled at the same time (because the 10 cert. I ordered a month ago are not good enough?).

The third and I am happy to point out, the final call... I found out I needed to send the Florida sec. of state $20 instead of $10. Plus the $39 for the apostilled cert. and that brings us to $59 for 2 pieces of paper folks!

Then I had to type a quick letter stating what I wanted done, who it was going to, where it was going and how many were needed....signed with name, address, and phone #'s. Plus a copy of my drivers licence (because someone else might want to pay the $59 to get this done for me???) and send it off.

Good news...... it's done, sent out this afternoon.
Better news.... it's not really needed until after our first trip to Russia, but you know me (done now is much better!)

We should be getting our immigration paperwork out next week, then we really have very little we can do until we get our greatest news yet!

Just an FYI, Alla e-mailed us and said our paperwork was sent out Friday of last week.....should be in Russia this week..... the count down begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment