Thursday, January 28, 2010

Black Ice and Red Hearts

Today was a test....

It started off normal enough (early, but normal). We were on our way to our first meeting with our social worker in Jenison when we hit a patch if black ice on Wilson (ding about 45mph) and trying to avoid a head on, we ended up in a snow pile by a tree with both drivers side tires blown.

Then just as I was about to have a mental melt down.... a wonderful officer (yes-I said it!) came to take a report and wait for a tow truck. We then decided we both wouldn't be able to ride back to Muskegon with the jeep so we asked the officer to try to get us a cab so we could at least salvage some of our day and make it to our meeting. After loading up the Jeep, the officer came to us and said to get into the cop car and he would talk us to our meeting.... Awesome!

The meeting went very well, once they all got over us showing up in a cop car!
We have a great social worker and we got some info cleared up. We did get MORE paper work as well, but I felt better by the time we left.

Then after getting back, checking on my poor Jeep, and getting some folders for all the paperwork... we stopped by my grandmothers to help her with something and found my cousin on the bathroom floor suffering from really bad back pain. I had to get an ambulance to take her to the hospital. I then and only then, had to head to my in laws to get a car to go to work tomorrow....yippie.

I am so happy that our meeting went well, it's the only saving grace for the day.
We will be having our next meeting soon...I'll keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

  1. You are truely amazing and I love you! You guys are going to get through this and look back and wonder what you were so worried about. It will all work out. Keep smiling and consider yourself hugged for the day. Love you

    ReplyDelete